We are here to help you
The Data Spaces Support Centre will explore the needs of data space initiatives, define common requirements and establish best practices to accelerate the formation of sovereign data spaces as a crucial element of digital transformation in all areas.
We are here to help you with your data space endeavor!
Funded by the European Commission as part of the Digital Europe Program, the Data Spaces Support Centre is aimed at the public sector and companies that want to create sovereign data spaces.
The Data Space Support Centre contributes to the creation of common data spaces, that were outlined in the European Data Strategy on February 2020, that collectively create a data sovereign, interoperable and trustworthy data sharing environment, to enable data reuse within and across sectors, fully respecting EU values, and supporting the European economy and society.
Benefits for Public Administrations and Businesses:
- Enabling the availability of technologies, processes, legal frameworks, standards, and tools (e.g. Community of Practice, Blueprint) for the deployment of data spaces;
- Fostering the adoption of above technologies and standards to enable the reuse of data across sectors by different stakeholders with a multidisciplinary approach based on co-creation and interaction;
- Contributing to the generation of sustainable and scalable products and services for the global market leveraging the use of shared data in business model development or in efficient, effective and repeatable policy decision-making.
- Ensuring that more data becomes available for use in the economy and society, while keeping those who generate the data in control;
- Facilitating the sharing of data, hereby creating a positive impact in the daily lives of citizens and giving confidence to businesses and public administrations.
With an increased circulation of data information, different stakeholders, from consumers and users, such as farmers, building companies, urban mobility agencies or citizens, will be able to make better decisions, thereby contributing to the objectives of the Green Deal and the SDG’20.
We are here to help – get in touch!
DSSC Starter Kit
The European Data Strategy aims to build a strong and innovative data ecosystem in Europe through the development of common data spaces in strategic economic sectors and domains. Data spaces are frameworks that support data sharing within a data ecosystem and allow for the trusted and secure exchange of data assets while ensuring compliance with relevant laws and fair treatment for all involved. The Data Spaces Support Centre has created a starter kit to help organizations navigate the challenges of creating and maintaining a successful data space. The kit includes a resource inventory that provides an overview of state-of-the-art and state-of-practice resources available for organizations interested in creating or participating in data spaces.
The function of the glossary is to support smooth information sharing and co-development between the different data space initiatives and people involved and working with the Data Spaces Support Centre (DSSC). The secondary objective is to establish a common vocabulary for DSSC communication and publications of the DSSC
One of the key objectives of the Data Space Support Centre (DSSC) is to establish a Network of Stakeholders that includes all relevant organizations and initiatives involved in the development of data spaces. This network is made up of a diverse range of groups and individuals. The Community of Practice is a core subset of this network, and it is our primary focus group.
Support & newsletter
General questions about the Data Spaces Support Centre? Or need advice on data spaces?
We are here to help you! Do you have questions about the DSSC? Would you like to learn more about the concept of data spaces? Do you need advice on how to set up a data space? Are you interested in a specific asset? For these and all other questions – contact us!